Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wine Country

Thomas Keller's restaurant, The French Laundry, is beyond amazing.  My husband and I went there once several years ago, and I ordered the vegitarian prixe fixe menu.  The restaurant, as I remember it, was clean and crisp; it was the most perfect restaurant I'd ever gone to.  It is definitely for special occasions.  Reservations are absolutely necessary; there are legends about trying to get one.  You basically need to call the restaurant first thing in the morning two months before you want to visit.

Keller's Bouchon is nowadays getting rave reviews.  It is purposefully intended to be more casual than The French Laundry.  It is a casual place, a social place, a place where people come to relax, talk, and eat.  As Keller describes it, Bouchon is "a kind of home."

As we all know, a home is never perfect!  My friends celebrated a birthday there, and absolutely loved it.  I want to go soon!

Resources:
www.bouchonbistro.com
Bouchon
6534 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Price - $31-50
Reservations:  (707) 944-8037
There are also locations in Las Vegas and Beverly Hills

www.frenchlaundry.com
French Laundry
Reservations:  (707) 944-2380 or online through opentable.com
Jackets required for both lunch and dinner service.
No jeans, shorts, or tennis shoes




No comments:

Post a Comment