Saturday, August 4, 2012

Oakland Art Murmer and Saturday Stroll

Oakland, CA is buzzing with energy on the first Friday evening of the month!  I know because I've spent Friday evening walking the gallery district in Oakland with a huge smile on my face!  My favorite street is all the galleries on 25th street, there is something so warm and inviting about the galleries on each side of this street!  If you missed first Friday this month, then there is always the Saturday stroll which is every Saturday afternoon from 1-5PM.  On the third Saturday of the month there is a district walking tour.
For a dinner before first Friday, I recommend Pican on Broadway, which has upscale southern cuisine.  I love the fried chicken!  Pican also serves yummy lunch fare if you go to the Saturday stroll.  There are also opportunities for some tasty street fare on Broadway, Telegraph or smaller streets such as 25th.  My recommendation is to leave your fancy clothes, jewelry, and car at home.  When I go to first Friday I dress casual, and take bart and get off at 19th street station; that way there are no worries about parking.  Also, think about bringing some cash for some art you want to take home, not all the artists are equipped to take credit cards.  

Resources:

Oakland Art Murmer
OAKLANDARTMURMER.ORG

First Fridays- First Friday of the month the galleries are open, and lots of people are wondering around, eating, drinking, and viewing art which is tons of fun!

Saturday Stroll-  Every Saturday from 1-5 PM, such as August 4th, August 11th, August 18th, and August 25th.

 Some Gallery Walking Tours upcoming 3rd Saturday dates-  August 18th, September 15th, October 20th, and November 7th.




No comments:

Post a Comment