Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Buddha explains true love.....

I remember in high school when I was a senior in an English class with Ms. Wilson, I had to select a topic to do a report on, I wanted to write about love, but my teacher said I could only do Platonic Love.  When I really started doing at scholarly and religious writings about platonic love it was fascinating!

My friend had told me that when she had read the book, Buddha Love, it helped to change her definition of what what love should look like.  Today, as I was looking for more on the topic, I found a blog about a conversation between Buddha and King Pasenadi from a book, "Old Path, White Clouds."

Here is an excerpt, but the whole passage is on the blog below, "Because the nature of such love depends on the concepts of 'me' and 'mine,' it remains entangled in attachment and discrimination....."

Resources:

The Buddha explains true love
see blog below for full excerpt:

thebuddhistblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/buddha-explains-true-love.html

No comments:

Post a Comment