Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cookbooks and bakeries: Good Morning Baking, by Mani Niall

My favorite bakery in Oakland, CA is Sweet Bar Bakery on Broadway Avenue in Oakland, CA.  Mani, the owner has a new cookbook called Good Morning, Baking.  There are some yummy recipes to have for yourself or to share!  One recipe I noticed looked really yummy for fall is the Brown sugar-sour cherry doughnuts on p. 108 of the book.  When I was growing up in Michigan in the fall we always went to the cider mills in the fall and had cold, fresh apple cider and warm, soft cinnamon and sugar doughnuts!  Mani grew up in Michigan in his early years and I found out this past week that his dried cherries that he uses in his sour cherry, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies are actually from Traverse City, Michigan.  I love this bakery!!

Resources:

Good Morning Baking
Delicious Recipes to Start the Day
Mani Niall
ISBN 978-0-9838595-7-4
Egg & Dart Publishers

No comments:

Post a Comment