Monday, October 21, 2013

songs I like- "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab For Cuties

This morning as I was writing a blog in a cafe, I heard the song, "I Will Follow You Into The Dark," by Death Cab For Cuties.  I had a teary night last night seeing my friend dance with her dad at her wedding.  When I woke up today, I felt a sense of sadness for a minute, then when I heard that song, a few tears fell again.  The song reminds me of friends and family who have passed away, and how hard it is without them in my life.  I have a sense of sadness for all those who have lost loved ones, it is so hard.

These are some ofnthe words:

I Will Follow You Into The Dark
by Death Cab for Cuties

Love of mine some day you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark.

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark
If heaven and hell decide
That they are both satisfied.....

This song reminds me of the stages grief when losing a loved one.  When people I've loved have passed away, it felt like I died, or was dying.  There was a darkness about life, I've felt alone and isolated.  I haven't felt part of the world and things have seemed to go to fast and be too cruel.  For me, when my close family and friends have died, each time it feels a small part of me is gone too.  It is hard to explain.  Sometimes I remember them and I feel that part of me I lost comes alive again, yet other times I remember that fear, isolation, and darkness and it is hard to remember their essence.

I miss you, Dad!  I will always love and remember your smile and spark!

This song can be seen on u-tube by FearRonaldMcdonald, it has some wonderful photos!  Also, it can be purchased from Google Play, Amazon MP3, and iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment