Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tours: Bay area Green Tours, San Francisco Bay Area

Bay Area Green Tours

A memorable tour I went on this past year was the Sustainable Restaurant Tour of San Francisco.
I saw a whole new side of San Francisco that took me outside of my comfort zone of places I normally go to!  Also, it gave me an inside tour of the restaurant, I got to meet chefs and vendors, and it was so yummy and healthy!  The tour ended at the farmer's market at the ferry building which is a food lovers dream!  Recently, on September 28th, there was a San Mateo Coast Farm Tour that visited farms on the San Mateo Coast and included lunch and a tasting session.  The price was $99. for adults and $68. for children 12 and under.  The participants were able to hop onto a luxury biodiesel coach for this unique journey along highway 1, at bus stops in either San Francisco, Berkeley, or Half Moon Bay.

Resources:

Bay Area Green Tours
http:  //www.bayareagreentours.org/
2150 Allston Way
Suite 280
Berkeley, CA  94704
(510)  704-0379

Secret Tip:

Years ago, my cousin visited the Bay Area, and for months before we had been planning a trip up Highway 1 to Fort Bragg and Mendocino and the skunk train.  Unfortunately, my new Honda had gotten broke into the week before her visit and had gotten trashed with broken windows and so forth,  so I had to rent a small car (all I could afford) for our trip.  It was horrible driving on Highway 1 as I'm afraid of heights and that rental car did not hold the road well.  It was so stressful for me!  It would have been  dreamy to be able to take a tour of the highway 1 farms by taking the biodiesel coach and be able to visit with family and friends and not have to worry about driving!  This would be a great tour for me to treat out of town guest to, as I would also enjoy it and learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment