Monday, October 21, 2013

I didn't have my father at my wedding, it was harder than I thought....

Yesterday, I went to a dear friend's wedding and it was such a sweet event.  The one part that brought me in tears, though, was seeing my friend dance with her dad during the father-daughter dance.  It brought me to tears quickly and unexpectantly.  I still feel teary and it is the next morning.  I really miss him and it has been years.  Another friend at the wedding was telling me that she tells her daughters to tell her and her husband anything since no one loves them as much as them.  That reminded me how much safer in life I felt with my dad around, he always had a way to help me see a different perspective.  I remember when he was dying in the hospital, he said that he didn't want to leave, as he wanted to take care of my mom and I.  I remembered that also last night as I saw my friend smiling and so safe in her dad's arms.  I wish I had my dad around still, I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment